Sunday, May 1, 2011

mother's day frame

Good morning my Scraptastic friends!

Today I'd like to share a Mother's Day frame with you and it's super easy to do.



I picked up a frame at Michaels, I found it with all the wooden projects. And you know I had to pull out the Mod Podge for this one (love that stuff). This frame was super easy to make, and I just love how it turned out. I picked out the PP (from the Scraptastic Club kit "classic girl"), then I traced the out side of the frame and cut it out. Then I placed the frame on the PP upside down and used my exact o knife to cut out the opening in the middle of the frame. I then Mod Podged the paper to the frame. When it was dry (wait 15-20 minutes) I sanded around all of the edges to make it all flush. And then I then painted all of the sides black and when that was dry, I Mod Podged the whole frame again to seal it. For the butterfly, I used a wooden butterfly from my stash, painted the whole thing black first, then I traced the outline of the butterfly with the PP that I wanted to cover it in. I mod Podged the PP to the butterfly, used my exact o knife to cut away some of the excess, then sanded around all the edges, Mod Podged again to seal it, then I added some pearls and gems from my stash.
 
Before I go, I also wanted to share a LO I did based on last week's sketch at Sketch Inspiration.
 
 
I used the "Classic Girl" kit for this one and I made the alphas with my Cricut. It was hard to find embellishments from that kit to go with this LO, maybe I'll print out some Chuck E. Cheese pics to add to it.

Here's the sketch from Sketch Inspiration:


Don't forget to check out their new sketch which is up!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me share with you today! I hope that you all have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your take on the sketch. Declan is too funny! The frame you made is gorgeous. The butterfly is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete