Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Shear fun of it!!

Hello everyone!! Michelle here today. Happy Thursday!!! How can that be already??!!! The week is whizzing by! With that being said, Thursday is also the day the new challenge is given!! I am excited to be issuing my first challenge for Scraptastic Club!!

So, let's get to it!! We all have them. They are the old forgotten tool. The tool that was there before any of the fancy cutting systems came out! We are talking about our decorative scissors. I know everyone has them. I certainly do! So, let's dig those decorative scissors out. Pull them out of your kids art bin!! Let's see what you can do with them!! Here is my example. I made this with the Birthday Wishes kit. I dug out the pinking shears (did ya guess that from the title?? LOL) and cut around my big circle. I wanted a decorative edge, but didn't want the tradition scallop and such that I can get with my punches.Now, it is your turn!! I can't wait to see what you create. Make sure to share your project using the linkz below to win this month's prize, Echo Park's Splash Collection.

The more times you play along with the challenges, the more chances to win!!! You have until July 6th at Midnight to submit your projects. To get an extra entry into the drawing, become a follower of this blog and post a comment here letting me know that you did this.

You can find the previous challenges HERE, HERE and HERE.


4 comments:

  1. Wow did this week ever go fast... I haven't even finished last weeks yet! Your layout is really cute Michelle, I'll have to put on my thinking cap and get my scissors out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a blog follower! Just posted a link to my layout using decorative pinking scissors; thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished it! (almost missed the deadline! Whew!) I used the scalloped scissors on the small piece of coral paper on the very bottom under the reservation card! Thanks for the challenge. And I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete