Thursday, August 4, 2011

brighter than sunshine challenge and a winner.....

Good morning my Scraptastic friends!

I hope that your week is going great so far.....my son has started football practice, poor guy. He loves it so much, but it's crazy hot outside. 
My daughter has been doing cheer-leading for the past few weeks, and she really seems to like it, except for the fact that she gets "really sweaty" her words!

I'd like to announce the winner for the July Challenges before I get to the first of the August Challenges.

Congratulations Linda you were chosen by random.org as the winner of our July Challenges.
Please send me your address to contest@scraptasticclub.com

Now let's get to the new challenge.
I was looking up an album to a movie that I like.....and when I saw the actual album cover, I wanted to do a layout based on it. Last Friday I picked up the pictures from our trip to the Charleston Aquarium, and when I was looking through the pictures...I was so excited to find some to "scraplift" the album cover. I even used one of the songs from the album as my title!

Here's my page.....



and here's my inspiration......

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to take inspiration from this album cover and make your own album cover layout. For an extra entry into this month's drawing....use either one of the band's names or one of the song titles as the title of your page.

You will have until August 31st at midnight to submit your entries using the inlinkz tool below.
And here's the fabulous prize that you'll be playing for this month.....is the brand new Happy Day Collection Kit from Simple Stories.....I thought this was an appropriate prize since this month Scraptastic Club is officially 1 year old!




1 comment:

  1. I think lifting the cd cover is such a cool challenge idea! Your page turned out so very cool. I love the "starring" part of your title. It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete