Saturday, January 14, 2012

Best of Friends

Happy Saturday Scraptastic Scrappers! :)  I hope the weekend is treating you well, and that you are possibly getting in some crafty time! :) Amanda here again to share another layout with you!

I plan on sitting down at some point this weekend and getting a little crafty myself. I still have some yumminess left over from the fabulous Button Box kit and add-on! I just love the colors and all of the fabulous patterns.

Some of the patterns can be a little overwhelming to use as a full background, but if you are like me, you really struggle using cardstock as your base. I am still so inspired by the banners on that " Clothesline" paper, and when you add it in with this sketch by Sketchy Thursdays, I found a fun way to use the busy pattern in a larger area without it overwhelming my layout.

I thought it would be fun to have my banner be a break between the cardstock and the patterned paper. I use banners ALOT, I just love the look of them, but sometimes its get to be so repetitive, so this was a fun way to use some of my "signature" looks, while bringing it up to a new and fun level.

Here is the layout that I made :


I loved that doily paper, but it would have been very overwhelming as the base, and would have distracted from my photo. By using it in the corner and breaking it up with my banner, I think it brings the focus all around and back to the photo, and ties in well with the black and white photo while making the other colors pop.

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone just a bit, do something you are comfortable with and just give it a little twist!




1 comment:

  1. I love the series of hearts on the edge of the paper. The misting rocks too! Very cool design Amanda!

    ReplyDelete