Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bermuda Blues and an Extra

Ahhh...the beautiful blue waters of Bermuda! Did you know that there's actually a scientific reason that these waters are such a pretty deep shade of blue? They appear bluer than the water in many other locales due to the low levels of phytoplankton in the waters surrounding the island. Whatever the reason, it looks so inviting and I really wanted to get those delightful colors onto my page. I tried to do just that in a couple of different ways. First, I lightly sprayed my kraft cardstock background with Glimmer Mist (Lake), a beautiful blue-green color that approximated the ocean hues. Next, I chose various papers in shades of blue or blue print from the Scraptastic Club Be Amazing Kit. I cut, inked and layered them on the layout, adding a cluster of embellishments and my title. The ocean's colors were picked up perfectly in the cloud, butterfly, and patterned paper placed directly behind my photo!


What is also amazing and somewhat unusual, is that my husband and I are in the photo together, thanks to whoever took the camera from me and snapped this pic! And that thought brought about the idea of placing a camera embellishment on my page. I found this camera clip art image in the public domain and free for personal use, cut it out with my die-cutting machine, matted it on white paper, cut again by hand and added a little heart. Fun!


Aside from the tiny letter stickers, everything on this page came from the beautiful Be Amazing Kit. I love all the cute embellishments included, as they add so much to the finished page.

Here's another page I completed by layering paper scraps from the kit underneath my photo. Now I have officially used up every piece of patterned paper (except for the tiniest scraps) from the entire kit! Go me!


I hope you have just as much fun using every last bit of your Scraptastic Club kit. It was good to the last drop!

3 comments:

  1. Really nice photo, and the LO is beautifully embellished. The camera is a great accent -- I like that it's subtle so the focus remains on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE what you did with this kit!!!! The camera is super cute! And I love the birds as well... Nice additions to a fab kit! Now I want to go to Bermuda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are amazing as always Madeline! I really LOVE the blues in the top layout. You couldn't have picked a more perfect way to scrap that photo!

    ReplyDelete