Friday, March 9, 2012

hello.....

Hello!

I'm Melanie, a new member to the Scraptastic Design Team. I have guest designed in the past but this is my official design team hello to you all and my first blog post!

I thought I would share a little of my thought process behind the way I scrapbook. We all have our different ways and styles which make each of our pages unique. The first thing I do after receiving the kit is  I spread it all out to get a feel of the kit: colors, theme, etc. I always match my pictures to the colors of the paper or paper colors to my pictures--sometimes this is a process all in itself. I usually print my photos at home so I can edit them and print them in different sizes.  Now I'll show you what I'm talking about and you'll notice it in my layouts. 

I have completed 4 layouts with the Be Amazing kit, today I'll share 2 of them and a few details.

Celebrate



One thing I was having a problem with were the bigger pieces of chipboard, they just looked so awkward on my pages. I actually called this layout done but ended up going back in to add more to the upper left corner. I decided to rip apart the chipboard pieces (the 2 you see in the lower picture-Celebrate and the journal piece.) I used just the decorative top part and tossed the bulky chipboard. It fit and looked better on my page, then I was able to overlap it without the bulk and add a brad and sticker over the top to finish it off. 


Enjoy the Journey 



Some tid bits on this layout. Again you notice the wording on the biggest picture, "Enjoy the Journey," just like the last layout I tore apart the chipboard piece and used only the top layer and tossed the chipboard. Then I  tore the edges so it looked like washi tape. (btw, I love washi tape) You'll notice I picked the colors from my daughter's outfit to match my papers and embellishments to match my theme. I used the October Afternoon Sprinkler's on my page, (actually every page I created). I don' t mist it on, rather remove the sprayer from the bottle and flick it to get the bigger drips on my pages. (and btw, I now love OA sprinkler's too!)

I hope I was able to inspire you a bit. I'll be back soon with the other 2 layouts!

And tell me, were you one of lucky ones able to pick up the Be Amazing kit? I'd love for you to link me to your layouts. I think it's so fun to see the different pages we can all come up with using the same kit!

Melanie

5 comments:

  1. Great pages, Melanie!! I like how you made the one piece of chip board look like washi tape. No washi tape here.. never used it before. May have to try some. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who struggled at times with "the right look" of a layout! Fantastic pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both these layouts. The kites are so cute and I like the little photos tucked in. The colours on the first layout are fab -muted browns blues and green - great for boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you dismantled some of the chipboard so it would work with your pages. I say whatever works! Both of these projects are just gorgeous. I think we all struggle with our pages from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layouts! I love the peek into your process and find it fascinating how different people scrap. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete