Friday, April 20, 2012

Melanie's next 2 layouts...

Happy Friday!

Today I'm sharing my next 2 layouts I made using the April Great Adventure kit!

As soon as Jessica posted pictures of the kit I knew I had 2 perfect photos that would match the contents perfectly.

For the Forever Mine layout, I used the distressed wood pattern paper and cut it apart so the red cardstock showed through a bit. I wanted to bring the red color out from the picture. I will add my journaling into the round sticker on the upper right. I usually don't add it right away because I want to put a personal message into that area.



For this Sweet layout I used a bit of the rub-ons, overlapping them to bring texture to the page. Have you ever seen a picture that matched the paper so well?!?!?!


I'll add some journaling in this space over the top of the rub-on.


I also used some of the OA Sprinklers from a past kit on this page, the color matched perfectly.


Thank you for stopping by today! Enjoy your weekend!
Melanie

4 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to cut apart the wood pieces and let the cs peek through -- it's quite striking! These are both terrific LO's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts! I do love how well the picture matches in the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those i like the idea of cutting the paper apart, think i might try that!! when i first saw the girl one, I didnt have time to post a comment but i could not get over how well the colors matched. great job. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts always rock Melanie! I love the red peeping through the wooden boards. You're right, that photo matches the paper wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete