Sunday, April 8, 2012

One Kit, Many Looks

Believe it or not, this page was crafted using the same Scraptastic kit (Great Adventures) that produced the layout in Thursday's blog post. I love the very different looks I can get with this one amazing kit. Here I left out everything that had red in it (even cutting the My Mind's Eye plaid so that the red stripe was absent). The result is a very calming color scheme and perfect for these beach pics of my youngest son. The candid photo on top tickles me. After a wet morning in the gulf, he's probably licking the salt off his lips!


I also love the weathered look of the background paper. It gives the page a great outdoorsy look to match my pictures. As you can see, I'm still having fun with banners. This time I combined tickets cut from one of the patterned papers with various banner shapes cut from other papers in the kit. The flags and tickets were then adhered to a bit of baker's twine from last month's Be Amazing kit and attached to the page.


Looking at this layout I'm brought back to that white sand, clear water, salt air, and the sound of the surf. Is it only April? Summer is too far away!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner came out great with different pp, different shapes, and tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this layout. I love the colors of the banner. Great way to use scraps :)

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally rocked this kit Madeline! I love how you added the tickets to the banner.

    ReplyDelete