Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Many Adventures

Happy Monday everyone! It's Heather again, and I'm back to share my first April project. I am SO in love with the Great Adventures kit. Jessica did an amazing job combining manufacturers this month and I love the wood grained patterned papers.

When I searched for pictures to use with my kit, I came across these photos of my Uncle with my son and they made me smile. Every time we go over to my grandparents' house to visit, Brandon steals their walking sticks. My Uncle took pity on him and made him his own walking stick. They were heading off for a walk when I took these photos.


I did a ton of layering on this page! I also used the die cut shapes and stickers all over my layout. Here's a closer view of the title piece and the cluster I created on the upper left side of the page.


Have you seen the fantastic stamp add on this month? I couldn't resist using it on the bottom of the page. I used dark black Staz-On ink to stamp on the charcoal colored cardstock.


Here's a look at the cluster under the smaller photos... I coated the top of one of the die cut pieces with Rock Candy Stickles. The rub ons worked really well on the cream colored cardstock. I rubbed them on and then fussy cut them so they would stand out a bit more on my page. 


I hope I've inspired you to dig into your April kits. Don't forget to finish your pages for the March challenges!

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the embellies, and I like the subtle look of the stamped numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtle stamping, black on grey and how you used the stickles to define the star and banner pieces! Great page!

    ReplyDelete