Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's a Card kind of day..

Happy Wednesday! Michelle here. I am back to share with you some more of my May projects.

First of all, aren't May's scrapbook kits fabulous?!!! I could not resist and purchased the other one and both add-ons. I love them both! :) I don't think there are very many left in the store. So, if you would like to get your hands on one, grab it/them now while you can!

Today, I am sharing with you two cards, one from each kit. The first one I made with the Faded Jeans kit. I spotted Kimber McGray's sketch on her blog and decided to play along. This is my take...
I took it pretty literal. I love the layers she had. So I punched the teal paper and the corners of the floral paper and inked them both. Some pen stitching (which was an afterthought after I had my buttons down LOL), threaded buttons with the twine. I tried stacking the middle on top of the others to give it more dimension. The elements sticker sheet had a great friend phrase on one of the stickers... perfect for a card!!
Here is a different angle.

This next one, I made with the Weathered Spring monthly scrapbook kit. I was inspired by something I pinned on Pinterest. Have you jumped onto the Pinterest bandwagon? :) This is what inspired me. I loved the quilt look with the sewing on her papers and the pinwheel in the center. Here is what I came up with.
I pulled out my Slice machine and cut the flower and its shadow, and layered it with some foam adhesive. I dug through my stash of buttons and threaded it with some twine. Lot of pen stitching on my squares I cut into triangles and re-pieced back together.
Here is a different angle for this one as well.

I am not much of  a card maker. I usually don't enjoy making cards, but this time, it was fun. :) I hope I have inspired you some to go out and make a few scrapbook cards.

Happy Scrappin'!

3 comments:

  1. You're not a card maker? You should be -- you're good at it! I enjoyed both these cards -- the threaded buttons, fancy borders, and especially the quilt look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Michelle! I especially like the second one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are gorgeous! I really love both of them. The layering on the bottom one is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete